Testing and Assessments FAQs
What tests will my child be required to take?
Cyber Academy of South Carolina (CASC) students are required to take the following tests:
- K12 lesson and unit assessments
- Math and literacy benchmark testing
- Grades K–3: DIBELS (Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills) Testing
- Grades 3–8: PASS (Palmetto Assessment of State Standards)
- End of course exams for Algebra I, English I, Physical Science, and U.S. History and Constitution, which count for 20 percent of the course final grade
Will my child have to participate in state testing?
Yes. As public school students, all CASC students must participate in all state-mandated testing. This is a mandatory requirement.