Teaching Accelerated Learners
Unique learning for unique kids
For gifted kids, the four walls of a classroom can feel like the four sides of a box. K12 and CASC understand that academically gifted students don't fit into a box—whether it's a classroom or a one-size-fits-all education program. Teaching gifted kids is about challenging their young, talented minds. It's about allowing these students the freedom that comes from flexible, individualized learning approaches, and the challenge that comes from an exceptional, engaging curriculum—both of which we provide.
The right curriculum for accelerated learners
Here are just a few reasons why the challenging, engaging K12 curriculum our students use works so well for academically gifted kids:
- The K-8 curriculum is mastery-based, enabling students to advance when they're ready—not when the rest of the class is.
- The high school curriculum includes Honors and AP courses.
- World language courses in up to five languages are available to students in grades 3–9.
- The approach to learning is flexible and dynamic.
- K12 focuses on helping students reach their natural potential.
At CASC, gifted kids think and learn out of the box.