Information Technology (IT)
Which pathways are offered?
- Programming—This pathway prepares students to design, develop, implement, and maintain computer systems and software, requiring knowledge of computer operating systems, programming and markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++, HTML5/CSS), and software development.
- Web and Digital Communications—This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Applications Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Multimedia Producer
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Software Developer—$105,590/year
- Computer Programmer—$84,280/year
- Computer and Information Systems Manager—$142,530/year
- Graphic Designer—$50,370/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver
- ACA Graphic Design and Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator