Health and Human Services
Which pathways are offered?
- Education and Training—This pathway prepares students to employ teaching/training methods that will result in higher learner achievement and to communicate, inspire trust and confidence, motivate learners, and understand their educational needs.
- Health Science—This pathway prepares students to work directly with patients to provide care, treatment, counseling, and health information.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Childcare Worker
- Elementary Aide
- Physical Trainer
- Medical Assistant
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Childcare Worker—$23,240/year
- Elementary Aide—$26,970/year
- Elementary School Teacher—$57,980/year
- High School Teacher—$60,320/year
- Medical Assistant—$33,610/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?