Education and Training
Which pathways are offered?
We offer the following pathway:
- Teaching/Training —This pathway prepares students to work in an education or training setting to motivate learners, recognize and respond to individual differences in diverse learners, understand their educational needs, and employ different teaching/training methods that will result in higher learner achievement.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?
Some of the jobs include:
- Teacher Assistant
- Preschool Teacher
- Childcare Director
What is the salary outlook?
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Teacher Assistant—$26,260
- Preschool Teacher—$28,990
- Kindergarten and Elementary Teacher—$56,900
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 13, 2018.
Which industry-recognized, in demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- First Aide, CPR, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certifications
- South Carolina Early Childhood Credential
- Advanced Child Care Training Credential