Which pathways are offered?
- Administrative Support—This pathway prepares students to facilitate business operations through a variety of administrative and clerical duties including information and communication management, data processing and collection, and project tracking.
- Business Information—This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct the operations of a business, corporation, nonprofit, or other organization. In small firms, this may involve assuming advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities.
- General Management—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
- Marketing Analytics—This pathway prepares students to collect research and analyze trends, needs, and challenges within a target market in order to design new products, predict future sales, and position their company ahead of competitors.
- Marketing Communication—This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Market Research Analyst
- Business Consultant
- Office Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Administrative Services Manager
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$38,880/year
- Market Research Analyst—$63,120/year
- Customer Service Representative—$33,750/year
- Public Relations Manager—$114,800/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)